Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Life Changing

Gavin Michael Christiansen was born in 3/11/13 and has basically kicked some serious butt from the get go! Gavin weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces and never required breathing assistance!

Right now he is in the NICU already graduated into a big boy bed. Rumors are flying that we will be out if the NICU by the end of the week, and there was talk of us going home next week if everything is perfect! The only thing keeping us in the NICU is that he breathes a little fast sometimes, so they want to make sure that it just remains stable. I am so grateful that things have gone so well. Prayers have been more than answered!

I have to say that having Gavin in the world has been a million times easier than being pregnant and not knowing. This experience has been much less stressful than I thought it would be. Gavin looks just like his dad and I couldn't be happier about that. Ryan has been such a great dad and jumped in fearlessly while I was over recovering. It has been an awesome experience to go through with him. I am so proud of his parenting already.

Well! I am exhausted from pumping every three hours while recovering from my c section! Time for a nap.




Carly, Ryan and Gavin



4 comments:

  1. Hayden is sleeping in my left arm while I type with my right and we are so happy to hear all is going well! He is happy to have a buddy hear that he can relate to. Keeping you in our prayers... Andy and Hayden(and Kelsea too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARLY, RYAN, AND BABY GAVIN

    Congratulations!!!
    We are happy to hear that everything went and is going well! We are all excited to meet your little man! So happy that we found your little blog! see you guys sometime soon
    LOVE,
    Dolores, Hailey and Taggart too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys, Gavin is so very adorable and this picture of him looking up at you is beyond precious. Good job you guys. I'm excited for the amazing experiences you have to come as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody. It was an awesome day. We are very blessed to be where we are right now, as we dodged many bullets! Gavin is doing awesome, all things considered!

    ReplyDelete