Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rolling Into the Third Trimester

It is true, tomorrow I will officially be in the third trimester no matter what way you slice it.  28 weeks.  Crazy to think that we only have 11 weeks until this little guy makes his debut. 

I had my appointment today with my original doctor in Puyallup.  Have I mentioned that I think he is the best doctor ever?  :)  It was nice to go in and just do normal pregnancy things.  He reminded me that I am far enough along  for our still nameless baby to be okay if I had him today.  Granted, he would need A LOT of assistance, but it is reassuring to know that we have the next 11 weeks for him to get his lungs toughened up.  Dr. T (or the Tag man as a good friend calls him) was so kind as to offer to let Ryan use his folding camping cot while we are up at the NICU.  Again, have I mentioned how awesome this doctor is?

On the baby front, he is moving so much!  Very fun.  Ryan got to feel him move around for about 15 minutes last weekend while we were watching a movie.  Pretty awesome.  They are both so fidgety.  On the mom front, ugh.  I am starting to get to a very uncomfortable point!  I wake up all night because my back is hurting or because I need to go to the bathroom.  I hate being tired.  BUT, I am still jogging!!!!!  Ha ha!  I think I can keep it up until about 32 weeks, then it is only low impact exercise for this walrus.  I will be seeing the Foothills Trail again in May.  I am also looking forward to my baby shower on January 26th!  Can't wait.  I have had some omphalocele related questions regarding what to buy the baby.  Here is the skinny: he won't be wearing regular clothes for a while.  BUT, sleep sacks, blankets, hats, mittens and socks are totally doable in the tiny sizes!  The moms in the Moos group have stated that when their babies do start wearing regular clothes that they just wear a size bigger until they have their closure surgery.  So, newborn and 0-3 months in anything that isn't a sleep sack might not be used.  Also, the moms in the group have stated that gas cards, gift certificates to restaurants by the hospital, and gift cards to starbucks are VERY helpful.  So, that is the skinny! 

I hope that all of our family and friends have a great Christmas.  I love this time of the year and can't believe we will have a 9 month old next Christmas!  I am also looking forward to seeing some of your faces over the holiday weekend.

Thanks again to all of the people who have been calling/emailing/texting to see how we are doing.  We really appreciate it and it is comforting to know we have so many people rooting for us.

Merry Christmas!

Carly, Ryan and Baby C

No comments:

Post a Comment